Sunday, December 19, 2010

Cafe Sam

Last Tuesday, Matthew and I took ourselves out for a nice dinner to a local restaurant called Cafe Sam. I have been driving by it since I moved here and we hadn't gone to it yet. The food was, by far, the best that I have had since I moved to Pittsburgh. The atmosphere was perfect (kerosene lamp lighting, subtle holiday music in the background) and the service was excellent. I also discovered a new delicious beer Abita Purple Haze. It's a smooth, wheat beer and not overly fruity. As I said before, the food was just out of this world! And very reasonably priced for the portions that we got. I had a gyro with lamb and cucumber sauce.

I recommend this place if you're looking for a cute date night place. I can't wait until the summer when we can sit out on the wonderful veranda, drink a beer and forget that we're in the city for a few moments. Five out of five stars from this restaurant critic:)

No comments:

Post a Comment