Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Tron:Legacy

Monday night we went and saw Tron:Legacy. I hadn't seen the original (from the 1980s) but after seeing the new one, I really want to see the original even if it is dated and has funky special effects. Tron:Legacy has an excellent soundtrack, which Matthew has been listening to for about a month and I've been listening to since we got back from the movie. It's composed by Daft Punk and they worked with the London Symphony Orchestra.

The movie was an action movie and some of the acting was less than optimal. The guy who played Sam Flynn reminded me of Keanu Reeves: good at stunts/physical stuff, not so good at talking. Martin Sheen was excellent! I haven't seen him play a role other than a stuffy British man in a suit so that was a surprising change.

Overall, I didn't hate it and I didn't feel like "OMG I HAVE TO WATCH IT AGAIN, RIGHT. NOW!" So somewhere in the middle:) The special effects are excellent but the 3D parts seemed blurry/shoddy which is surprising since 3D is supposed to be so awesome. I'd say 2.5 out of 5 stars.

Sidenote, Matthew was the least nerdy person in the theatre. Comic books geeks are in a world unto themselves

1 comment:

  1. loved your review! and i know that i can trust your taste, which makes it even better. sooo...i'm thinking i might redbox it. maybe.

    ReplyDelete