Sunday, January 9, 2011

Drat!

Yet again, I have fallen behind in my blog updates! A lot has happened since my last update so I apologize (to the small amount of readers) for my tardiness.

1. Dec 20th: Matthew and I got engaged! Yay! We were planning on exchanging our Christmas gifts that night. He made me a delicious dinner and after dinner gave me a super sweet card, which I had to read aloud. When I looked up from reading the card, he was down on one knee and holding out the ring and asked me to marry him! So happy!!
2. We went home for Christmas! It was a lovely 10 days full of family, friends and general relaxation. I certainly got my wish for a white Christmas (Pittsburgh had no snow when we left on December 23rd) since my parents' house has about two feet of snow. I'm so glad that both of us are able to take so much time off and spend it with our families. I know that sometime soon we won't have that privilege.
3. We have adopted a kitten. We brought her 14 hours in the car from Wisconsin. After we survived that, I knew we'd be okay to have her in the house. We named her Olivia and she's the cutest and craziest kitten I've ever met. She's just too adorable for words. Right now, she's sleeping curled up in Matthew's desk chair
4. My cousin Dan also got engaged about 3 days before we did so congratulations to him and his fiancé
5. Congratulations to my dear friend Ashley and her boyfriend (now fiancé). They got engaged last week Monday! I'm so happy for them! I guess it's the season of engagements. I have a feeling that 2012 is going to be a ridiculous year for weddings

No comments:

Post a Comment