Thursday, November 11, 2010

Man, I'm really bad about keeping up with this thing! I need to work it into my day better. I wish I had access to blogs at school because then I would update all the time when I'm on a prep hour while subbing. Sadly, not the case:)

Over Halloween weekend, Matthew and I headed out to Etna to go out for an Oktoberfest celebration at "club" (it's like the Moose Lodge in Eau Claire...not that kind of a club, just one in which people have to be members and you can pretty much do whatever you want in there, like smoke) which had delicious German food, German beer and a polka band! It was a blast! We went with my coworker (and friend) Meribeth and her husband. Matthew and I were easily the youngest people in the room but it was such a blast! Meribeth and Rich may have children who are almost my age, but they sure know how to have a good time!

Last weekend, we packed up the car for a trip to Michigan State University to watch the Gophers and the Spartans. It was a wonderful weekend with great friends and great weather (the football team at least 1. beat the spread and 2. didn't get shut out)! I love living closer to other Big Ten schools. Next year's trip is going to be Michigan which is only 5 hours from Pittsburgh AND we have a friend who lives there! She's going to grad school there and the law quad seriously looks like Hogwarts. I would want to study there all the time!

I just want to say, in the spirit of Jessi's recent posts, how thankful I am for the opportunities I've been given in the last year. When I look back and think of where I was in November 2009 and where I am right now, it truly amazes me. I've got great friends, a very consistent job, a loving boyfriend, a different "after school" job which I love so much more (go YMCA, boo Kohl's) and a truly supportive group of friends back in Wisconsin and Minnesota. I miss you all terribly each day but I know that we'll all get to catch up at Christmas time:)

So yes, I'm thankful for what I've accomplished here and for all the people who believe in me! Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment