Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Great news!

So, in January, I finally received my PA teaching certificate, however it was a only a Temporary Teaching Permit (TTP) because I was missing 3 credits of college math (aka one class). I called the PA Department of Education on Monday and left a message for my evaluator. She called me back today with excellent news! They changed their Math/English policy so if I send in $80 and one form, I'll be getting my Instructional 1 certification!! Hooray!! I'm glad things worked out! I did get all the necessary documentation to have one of my classes at UMD count as my math requirement (like it did when I was in undergrad) but it's no longer necessary! Hooray!! I'm so excited! Not to mention that since it's a re-evaluation, I should get my full teaching license in about two weeks!! I probably thanked her about 50 times in the span of the 10 (or less) minutes I was on the phone with her!


Matthew took his Qual today. I've got my fingers crossed until Friday afternoon. Think good thoughts for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment