Thursday, December 17, 2009

Terrific Tuesday!

On Tuesday, I called the PA Dept of Ed to discuss when I'd be getting my teaching certificate (it's been about 4 months..the general wait time is three...) and turns out ETS/Praxis typed in my social security number wrong, by one number, so PDE couldn't accept the scores. Lame. I called ETS and they sent it out and it should get there in 7-10 days ( I hope). My reviewer also told me that my Linguistics course that I took at UMD does not qualify for the math requirement here because it was not given by the MATH department! I have to call UMD and UofM and figure it all out today. Hopefully that class counts, otherwise I'll be given a temporary teaching permit good for one calendar year (until I take the remaining math course). Seriously, as Matthew just said "I thought there was this great teacher licensing reciprocity, whereby if you were licensed in a great state, then you could easily get a license in another state." Needless to say it was a frustrating ride to work, wherein I worked an hour later than expected (until 10:30), went to Target and then finally went home.

Matthew had all the Christmas lights on and our song playing on his Mp3 player. My first thought was that it was "the" moment, though thankfully it was not (aka no proposal *phew*). He had flowers on the table, had bought apple cider and was making me a quesadilla with onions:) What a wonderful guy!


Pretty <3

No comments:

Post a Comment