Tuesday, December 8, 2009

It's the most wonderful time of the year

Thanksgiving was a blast! I got to "see" my family via a video chat which was almost as good as seeing them in real life. I loved meeting the Lail family, they are very sweet and excellent card players:) Matthew and I went home and passed out in food comas from the delicious feast.

Working Black Friday ended up not being as crazy as I worried it would be. Since I don't shop that day I didn't really know what to expect. Thankfully, there were a lot of employees working so we were able to keep our departments clean, organized and stocked (something that doesn't happen on a typical busy Saturday). Overall, it just felt like a really busy Saturday and I'm glad I survived.

Jessi and I have been getting into the Christmas spirit. Well, I guess she has been ecstatic about Christmas for a long time and her enthusiasm is catching so I can't help but get excited as well. I put up Christmas light, put out holiday towels and candles and we put up (and decorated) our tree last week Thursday. The apartment looks lovely and festive, or as much as it can with the white walls. I'm making cookies today and can't wait to decorate and frost them! We (and by we, I mean Jessi and I are hosting at her house) are having a holiday party on Saturday! I'm hoping it will go off without any hitches (or awkward silences/situations).

We went skating on Friday and I'm so proud of Jessi! I'm glad she braved the ice and made it around the rink a quite a few times AND she didn't fall down (which I, ungracefully, did)! Matthew, myself and some of his CMU friends went to the Pittsburgh-Cincinnati game on Saturday which was a blast, though the Cinci fans were pretty rude, or at the very least class-less. We had dinner at his advisor's house, which to me, wasn't all that fun. We came late and left early and I felt like maybe we shouldn't have gone at all, just because I dunno..I felt uncomfortable and less than welcome, even though his advisor was very welcoming... I think next year I'll let Matthew go by himself:)

The most important thing happening right now is how close going home to Wisconsin is. Each day I get more and more excited to come home and see my family, especially my best girls in EC. I'm excited to be off from work for two weeks filled with days and nights of being with people that I love. Matthew and I are going to Minneapolis for a few days to see college people which should also be tons of fun:)

Our Christmas tree!

No comments:

Post a Comment