Monday, March 7, 2011

Since I'm a substitute teacher, I see a lot of different classes and kids during the week. This past week was especially busy (four days, three of which were in an English class, score!) but I thoroughly enjoyed myself until homeroom on Friday. Students told me "We always leave 30 seconds early, it's tradition. Ms. L always lets us..." One of the worst things about being a substitute is when kids lie like this. I figure if teachers did let kids leave early, they would leave a note for me about it. It's just one of the most frustrating things. That said, I do enjoy subbing and the flexibility of it. I've established myself and teachers want me to sub for them. That feels really good; maybe I can and will be a good classroom teacher! Hopefully, I'll be able to get a full time job in the near future. I know that Shaler is not hiring any English teachers for the 2011-2012 school year. I'll just keep subbing, working at the YMCA and at Old Navy.

For a little humor, here are the most unique names of students I had this past week:
-Mowgli (yes, like The Jungle Book)
-Callum
-Shacoby (pronounced like Jacoby, but with a "sh" sound at the beginning).

No comments:

Post a Comment