Friday, September 11, 2009

Pittsburgh

I've moved to Pittsburgh and I'm really liking it so far. I'm still unemployed, which is alright, but I'm getting anxious to be starting something new and doing things outside of the house. I have orientation at Kohl's on Tuesday and will hopefully be working as much as possible until my PA teaching certificate is processed. The Pennsylvania Department of Education has my application and it is currently "On Hand" which, according to their website, means that someone is evaluating my credentials and qualifications. Hopefully once all my clearances go through and my teaching license is processed, I'll be able to start having interviews for subbing positions, which is what I'm looking for right now. Subbing is what I want to do right now since I'm not entirely familiar with the school districts around here. Pittsburgh Public Schools would be lovely since it's so nearby but again, I'm waiting on my license.

Living with Matthew is interesting and I really do like being able to see him every day. I miss living with girls who watch trashy TV like ANTM, Project Runway and Gossip Girl, but it's okay:) Matthew's friends are fantastic (and nerdy which I love) and I've met some fabulous girls. I'm closest to Jessi and I feel like I can talk to her about anything; she understands that these boys are always doing work, research and homework and are just busy.

I bought a desk yesterday and am going to set it up. Our office looks much better now that we both have desks and things in there. Matthew's nerd stuff is all over the room so I might need to move some of those things but at least it'll keep me busy today!

I'm missing Minneapolis, but Matthew and I will be back on Friday October 9th for the Homecoming game/festivities. I can't wait to see the new stadium and all my girls. I really hope that the EC ladies can make it over on that Sunday! Off to organized my new desk!

No comments:

Post a Comment