Thursday, September 24, 2009

Movies!

Since I came to Pittsburgh I've seen more movies in the 6 weeks I've been here than in the last year in Minneapolis. It's nice to have Jessi as a movie buddy, especially one who enjoys going to see movies for cheap (matinees and weekday nights). We saw Julie & Julia and Love Happens. Both of them were great! Love Happens was a little sadder than I expected it to be but was overall very heart warming. Julie & Julia made me want to cook (or at least make me strive to be a better cook overall) and appreciate food. I realized that there are so many things that I don't know how to cook. Matthew wants a steak for his birthday; he picked out the meat and I have to figure out how to cook it on Saturday. Hopefully it doesn't taste weird and he likes it!

The G-20 is here in Pittsburgh which makes the city extra paranoid. They closed the Giant Eagle (grocery store) near our apartment at 5pm (it's usually open until 11pm/midnight) because of a potential protest. Matthew said that the security and stuff at CMU was extra tight though there seemed to be less students on campus. Today was a perfect Pittsburgh day: rainy and then sunny, super humid, and sunny enough that you need to squint but with shades on it's almost too dark. What a weird city:)

I can't believe we're going home in two weeks!!! I can't wait to be back in Minnesota during the fall (since it's my favorite season)!!

Work 10-5 tomorrow and then home to make Matthew's birthday cake and clean the apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment