Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Travelin' Month

We went to NYC for the Maker Faire Sept 16-18! It was an absolute blast! The best part was seeing Siri!! I loved having pretty much three days full of Siri time! I know everyone back in Wisconsin is super jealous! Siri was a super tour guide and took us to so many wonderful, off the beaten tourist path restaurants! Matthew and Adam (and their company Wayne and Layne) exhibited at the New York City Maker Faire! They had an excellent weekend and did a great job talking about their products. The Maker Faire was a mix of a classy art fair, a state fair and a science fair for adults. I'm glad this was my first Maker Faire experience, because it was absolutely excellent
On Friday I'm headed to Washington DC to see my brother for his birthday! I'm taking the Amtrak which I'm beyond excited to do! After the excellent experience I had in NYC with the subway and buses, I'm still loving taking mass transit. It's about a 7.5 hour trip to DC which would normally take about five by car, but I don't have to worry about parking, tolls or road rage (yay!) It's going to be an action packed weekend! I'm excited!

In two weeks we're heading to Chicago for my cousin Dan's wedding! There hasn't been a Sullivan family wedding since Lauren and Greg in 2008 so I'm super excited. My parents will be there, so that's another bonus. Also, on our way back home, we're stopping in Fort Wayne to see the lovely Lauren and Greg and their incredibly cuuuute baby Norah! Well, she's almost one so I guess she's almost a toddler! I haven't seen her since she was about six weeks old and super tiny!

Making it work with Tim Gunn
Being touristy in Times Square
Happy at the end of Maker Faire!

2 comments:

  1. YAY! We can't wait to see you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at me! Commenting on your blog!!! Proving that I read it!

    Seriously, it was AWESOME having you in my city. My first non-family, non-visiting me-and-other-college-friends guest! What an honor!

    You also might want to warn Matthew that I am eventually going to e-mail you a list of really stupid beginner questions for him about the video game shield which I am going to buy at least one of for Christmas presents.

    ReplyDelete