Sunday, February 7, 2010

Snowpocalypse!

Holy Crap! It snowed 20 inches in 24 hours. Friday it started snowing and we woke up Saturday to see everything buried under about 20 inches of snow. I've never seen some much snow fall in such a short period of time. It's insane! I couldn't even go to work at Kohl's today because our street isn't plowed yet.

I've never seen so many people out and about in our neighborhood as we did yesterday; we walked to Home Depot to get a shovel and saw tons of people shoveling out their vehicles parked on the street. It's pretty snow and makes Pittsburgh look lovely! The buses aren't running, power is still out for many people in the city and there was a water shortage yesterday. There's definitely a state of emergency in Pittsburgh, but people seem to be handling it quite well. There's not a lot that we can do when we're snowed in. I said to Matthew today that if we were in Wisconsin, the roads would be clear and our street would have been plowed twice.

I filed my taxes on Friday and can't wait to get the return. I'm hoping to get PA and MN done today but we'll see; they seem a little more complicated:) Oh well, I'll call Dad if I have questions since he's my go-to guy with tax questions.

I’ve been subbing pretty consistently this week, which I’m thankful for. I’m getting all of my PA Educator stuff finished up today. It’s a website where you put all of your teacher information, experience and clearances and districts can contact you for employment or substituting. It’s also a fantastic way to find jobs in PA since I think all (or almost all) of the districts use it. On Thursday I heard about a long-term sub position opening up at the high school in the English department. I’m really hoping that I can at least get an interview; eve if I don’t get the job, it would be nice to have the interview experience.


The view from Negley down our street


There was not a car hiding in this big pile of snow



Pretty trees!


The car before we cleaned it off!


Matthew was excited to have the car cleaned off!

No comments:

Post a Comment