Wednesday, January 28, 2009

I read through the Romano text and couldn't put it down. I think it's the practical and personal way that he's approaching the writing of this text. I wanted to keep reading to the next chapter and see what was in store. I think this might be the first time where a textbook (other than one filled with poetry/stories) has held my attention and made me think of potential uses in my classroom. I was (and still am) really wary of teaching creative writing but I now feel that the multigenre approach is the way to go for me!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Anna...

    I too, felt the same way about Romano, a very easy, and practical text to read. I am anxious to use the multigenre approach in my classroom. I think the quick pace and constant change will help motivate students who are "bored" with the conventional essay. Great blog.. btw... Blogging rocks!

    ReplyDelete